Skip to content

Markets and Growth

“I can access new customers and grow my business.”

Despite a relatively high birth rate for new enterprises, Canada has a lower proportion of fast-growing companies than other developed countries and relatively few small companies trade beyond their borders. Only 18 percent of small and medium size enterprises sell outside their home province, and only seven percent export outside of Canada. (See Roundtable Backgrounder for full details.)

Share your thoughts! For example, your response could refer to government support, trade regulation, entrepreneur’s comfort level, etc.

Submit a challenge that isn’t already listed, comment on an existing idea and vote for the challenge(s) you believe are the most important to overcome.

4 results found

1. I don't know how big my market is

How do we measure the size of a given market? A toolkit to figure out how many potential customers I may have would be useful

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Networking and Advertising

More networking opportunities and government support to advertise for young entrepreneurs would be helpful. How do we go about getting government's support in this respect?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Attracting customers and suppliers to a new Web based business. What options are others succeding with?

Attracting customers and suppliers to a new Web based business. What options are others succeding with?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  4. Risk of expanding too fast

These is a risk of biting off more than you can chew too quickly in your business, and not being able to service existing clients properly as a result.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
Instructions

1. Please keep your response concise and focused on a single idea. You can enter more than one response by clicking on the "Post a new idea" link.

2. If your response contains key words that match a previously submitted response, the previous entry will appear. You can choose to click on the Vote box to endorse this response rather than entering a duplicate response.

3. Scroll down to read all the previous responses and vote on those that you agree with most.

4. You have a maximum of five votes. A response counts as a vote. You can vote on other people's responses and "spend" up to three votes on any one response.

5. You can comment on any responses. A comment does not count as a vote.

Markets and Growth

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base

A project by / UN PROJET DE

TakingITGlobal