Skip to content

Resources

“I have the support and financing required to exploit a market opportunity.”

Most young entrepreneurs report challenges in securing the necessary resources to successfully launch and grow their businesses. They often lack the financing and mentoring they need to start-up and grow their business. They may also lack knowledge of existing resources, like programs, services and materials available online and off-line, or don’t know where to find them. The lack of adequate resources, or difficulty finding them, limits the potential of even the most passionate entrepreneurs and significantly reduces their chances of success. (See Roundtable Backgrounder for full details.)

Share your thoughts! For example, your response could refer to the availability of and access to financing and mentoring, or the ability to navigate existing programs (e.g. self-study programs), services and materials.

Submit a challenge that isn’t already listed, comment on an existing idea and vote for the challenge(s) you believe are the most important to overcome.

7 results found

1. There isn't a single place for me to find information about entrepreneurship

I wish there was a simple place that I can go to to find info about grants, funding, research and other information that would help me and my business

There isn't an easy go to resource for me to understand how to start a business without sifting through lots of fine print and information.

Submitted by Ryan:
    http://feedback.tigweb.org/forums/244068-resources/suggestions/5620445-there-isn-t-an-easy-go-to-resource-for-me-to-under

I would love a resource for easy entry points into market research

For entrepreneurs business planning for the first few times, market research is often difficult to provide beyond instinct and google results. A list of resource that could open up this…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. 6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Finances

Without a doubt financial scarcities are the biggest challenge for young entrepreneurs. Without the financial backing, the entire project essentially does not get off the ground. Additionally, lack of infrastructure including office space, meeting space, equipment etc make start-up a challenge. Having businesses donate used equipment to young entrepreneurs would be one way to assist young people with their start-up

Unless you are starting a hi-growth technology company.... VC's are not interested.

Submitted by Clare:
    http://feedback.tigweb.org/forums/244068-resources/suggestions/5631072-unless-you-are-starting-a-hi-growth-technology-com

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I would love a resource for easy entry points into market research

For entrepreneurs business planning for the first few times, market research is often difficult to provide beyond instinct and google results. A list of resource that could open up this world of more in-depth research, or even templates that guide research activities, would be tremendously helpful.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  6. Labour and access to talented partners

With some ideas all that is needed to take it to the next step is to connect with the right people. The right people are ones who have skills to share and are also interested in entrepreneurship.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  7. Less intervention from government and related organization

Entrepreneurs are not a product to be produced by the government and related organizations, they are people to be guided and supported. While it’s important to have an environment and a culture that is supportive of entrepreneurship, people should be able to start and grow their businesses on their own with as little intervention as possible.

It is important that there be some risks and barriers to starting a business. If it’s too easy to start a business, the ones that get started will not be sustainable on their own and the people behind them will suffer as a result.…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
Instructions

1. Please keep your response concise and focused on a single idea. You can enter more than one response by clicking on the "Post a new idea" link.

2. If your response contains key words that match a previously submitted response, the previous entry will appear. You can choose to click on the Vote box to endorse this response rather than entering a duplicate response.

3. Scroll down to read all the previous responses and vote on those that you agree with most.

4. You have a maximum of five votes. A response counts as a vote. You can vote on other people's responses and "spend" up to three votes on any one response.

5. You can comment on any responses. A comment does not count as a vote.

Resources

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base

A project by / UN PROJET DE

TakingITGlobal